Followers

3/12/11

Creative family opportunities

Artist Julie Balzer from Balzer Designs, recently posted a video about art journaling (see below) on her website. On nights when we can't do messy art, I find art journaling with my 2 kids much more manageable and still very enjoyable. The key is to get every child a spiral bind art journal of their own so you can all work side by side and to have all your materials at your fingertips. You too will need an art journal of course. We do everything from cutting and gluing, doodling, drawing, coloring with crayons and markers, use stickers, stamps, punchers.....the sky's the limit.

So, I encourage Murch families to try family art journaling. I assure the grown ups will even love it. Enjoy!!

Art Journaling Fast Forward from Julie Balzer on Vimeo.


Note: for kids younger than 1st grade, I might just try giving them a paper to work on instead of a journal for they will not want to 'work' on a page for long.

No comments: