Followers

3/15/11

Amazingly detailed bird sketches (3rd Grade/HSU)


This 3rd grade class made the most amazing birdhouse for the Murch garden out of popsicles sticks. To decorate the birdhouse we made detailed sketches of birds that will afterwords be decoupaged on the house. I connected adding 'details' to our drawings as similar to adding 'details' to our stories. I told a story with very little detail and then the same story with many more details, then asked the kids which story they preferred. Kids loved the more detailed story. I then told them that the 'viewer' too prefers more details, for the eyes have more to see. On that note, I gave them wonderful calendar images (donated by Murch parents) from which to sketch from. I LOVE how amazingly different these sketches are!!






















No comments: