Followers

12/11/17

Kindergarteners tracing holiday themed shapes

            Today I did a google search for simple holiday images that could be recognized immediately by their shape alone. I cut them out of folder material and used them with my kindergarteners. They were super simple. I cut out candy canes, bows, gingerbread man, mitten, star, gift, hearts, candle, holly leaf, tree, dove, ornament, etc. 




I demonstrated to the students how to use both hands to properly trace the shapes. Most importantly, I also demonstrated what to do if I lose my place and my shape moves. You simply move it back to its place like a puzzle peace. 

Notice the fine motor skill practice being used by this child below. 



Students showed great pride in their work. 



These are sample drawings created using markers on 12"x18" paper 








No comments: