Followers

9/29/16

Pumpkins


           Kids in prek created pumpkin using red and yellow model magic. I began the class by acting all upset that I had not ordered orange to make pumpkins but instead got red and yellow. Kids quietly watched as I 'accidentally' mixed the two colors and magically made.....ta da.....orange!! we then rolled into a ball and added up and down lines. This class I teach in Spanish. All kids, except two have Spanish as their home language. The classroom assistant helped me glue these on cardboard with their names. 

Kids for a chance to mix, mix and mix their colors. Model magic is just the right toughness for pre-k, took each child between 6-8 minutes to fully mix the two colors. If you choose to do this lesson the ratio is 3:1 Yellow to red. Red is too strong and if you use them in equal quantities the result will not be orange....it will still be red. 


No comments: