Followers

1/30/10

Amazing landscapes by 4th graders

Landscape paintings finalizes the initial intro to painting unit for 4th graders. Although my goal is to soon be able to integrate the curriculum and include social studies and math in my lessons, basic painting skills are my priority this first year. being able to mix colors and make various shades using primary colors and making varied marks with brushes are all skills that make for a great painting. it's logical to me that as an art teacher, the teaching of these skills is preliminary and once they have attained these skills use them at higher levels later. When looking at these paintings I can see very clearly how they have developed skills in color mixing, blending and varying their brushwork. I am very proud of how far they've come!












No comments: