Followers

9/18/09

Create Books, Be an Author

I have been creating family-based books since my kids were born. One of our favorite books is about my oldest son making hummus dip; each page has an image of my son following each step in the process of this delicious family favorite. Believe it or not, I still read it to my kids weekly before they go to bed.

I also have a book I designed about a yearly tradition we have in our family of going to the NYC Macy's Day Parade. All these books have pictures of my kids and extended family and all the words were written by me. I then use either Shutterfly, Snapfish or IPhoto to design these books online and pay to get them professionally printed. They cost an average of about 40$ each with shipping. But they are truly priceless in their value.

On that note, I've been thinking of having a class for parents who might also want to do this at home with their family. It's a great way to teach your child that they too could be authors, photographers and/or illustrators. If anyone is interested in taking this free class, please e-mail me at Miriam.Cutelis@yahoo.com. We can set up a time after school and I'd love to share this process. It's such a fun experience for the entire family and they make amazing holiday gifts!!




No comments: