Followers

6/18/11

Getting ready for summer and a few last words

Hello wonderful families,
I am getting my classroom ready for summer and packing all my supplies Monday. If for any reason your child did not get back a work from the art show, please come by Monday. I do not throw work out and will keep all items secure during the summer and for the coming months, so please do remember to come by and pick up work. I tried my best to send all work home, but in the bustle of the last few days, that might have not happened.

I have ordered various art education related books for my summer reading, so please check back here often for thoughts and ideas I will be posting all summer long, based on my readings and own experiments here at home with my two little ones.

Don't hesitate to send me JPGs of your own child's summertime art adventures. I will gladly post them as a way to keep us all connected wherever we are. In my own personal art journey I am working hard at getting my finished works out there in the public eye. I just finished a series of pieces about the relationship between nature and nurture; an issue that occupies a lot of my time and energy. You can see images of these pieces at my online art store on etsy.

I have loads of ideas for next year. One of them involves reaching out into the community and working with local artists. The other involves a more comprehensive and extensive use of technology to create art. Last, and most importantly, I aim to make all units personally relevant and meaningful to each child I come in contact with. Creative and innovative thinking has the potential to change the world by changing the way we see ourselves and the world. With all my reading and research this summer I hope to come in September armed with some new tools to make all these lofty goals possible.

Please keep in touch this summer. See you all soon.

No comments: