Followers

12/3/10

Warm colors used to create our landscapes


I must say...I LOOOVE my ELMO. using this amazing projector I was able to project myself mixing colors in the color wheel using only the 3 primaries. The ELMO was brought exclusively for the art department at Murch through funds from the HSA.

This is a picture of the projected images I shared with the kids.
Here are kids using only red, white and yellow to create a very intense warm-colored sky.
The trees were added a class later. Kids looked at real images of bare trees and noticed the varying widths in the lines they say in these trees.
Here is a close-up of my color wheel. I used my ELMO to demonstrate live how these colors are created using cray pas. I also used white to show how children could create lighter versions of their warm colors.
Children using cray pas to create their landscapes.

No comments: