Followers

11/15/09

Changes to the site....

At the beginning of the year I sent out a permission slip asking parents to allow the Murch Art Department to post images of their child on the blog. I have gotten back about 90% of them so up to now I've been posting ONLY pictures of children's hands working on their projects allowing enough time for these releases to make it back to me. It's obvious that something is being robbed from these posts by not showing these children's faces actually enjoying the work they are creating or the depth of their concentration.

As a parent myself, I love to see albums of my child posted in his class' website and love to share them with extended family from out-of-state. Therefore, after much internal debating, I have decided that I will begin posting images of the children's faces along with their hands as well as pictures of groups of kids working. Most times I will only title the image with the label "artist" or at most the child's first name if at all.

If you prefer to NOT have your child's face on the blog at all EVER please contact me immediately and I will make a note of it on my class log. In addition, if you see a post using your own child's image and you'd like to have it removed, please contact me immediately.

Please let me know your thoughts....I am open to tweaking this framework as needed.

No comments: